"If you eat, invest, and think according to what the 'news' advocates, you'll end up nutritionally, financially, and morally bankrupt." - @naval
There is a scale representing independent thinking
Let’s say that the far left of this scale represents thinking exactly what the mainstream wants you to think.
On the other side, you have purely objective, self-sought knowledge built from nothing but deep research.
We all fall somewhere on this spectrum.
How I feel about it goes like this:
- Get as far to the right of that spectrum as possible
- Then as you get there, make sure you remain as open and sceptical as possible of what you think you know
The mark of successful thinking today comes down to your ability to CHANGE YOUR MIND as often as possible.
And hey, maybe sometime in the future the MSM will converge on the truth.
Right now it’s failing pathetically.
Let’s look at a few of the broken narratives accepted as the status quo.
- Meat is bad for you = it’s not. it’s the best food you can eat actually.
- Fat/salt/cholesterol are bad for you. They aren’t. These are the nutrients your body needs and should prioritize.
- Carbs are good and should be the base of the pyramid. They aren’t. And for most people, they are nothing but an addiction keeping them sick.
- Doctors are gods and know everything. They aren’t and don’t. Many doctors are nothing but drug pushers that know little about preventive medicine. That’s not necessarily their fault—though it is their responsibility—since the entire medical profession has been built around overweight people that won’t take responsibility for their lives (and/or don’t know how).
- Vaccines have saved countless lives. Some vaccines have, some haven’t, and some are downright scams. Most of the historical data supporting vaccines is epidemiology (observational data) that completely ignores the rise of modern sanitation practices.
👨 The Better Human Podcast is a show dedicated to the pursuit of Building Better Humans. Hosted by Colin Stuckert, Entrepreneur, Thinker, and Better Human Builder.
🧑🤝🧑 We are obsessed with finding ways to become better. We are PRO HUMAN and celebrate the collective human experience.
📖 We bring on human guests to teach, share, and learn.
Connect: Get my best content each week via the Better Human Newsletter
Follow Colin on Twitter and IG. Reach Colin via this form.
The Better Human Company: Donate your old devices, cables, power banks here.
Support the show and get awesome products:
☕☕ What I Put In my coffee: Wild Cocoa Butter, Wild MCT Oil, Wild Coffee, Wild CocoTropic
🍄🍄 What I take daily for optimal health: Wild Fish Oil, Wild Shrooms, Wild Pink salt, Wild Collagen